Born in 1996 in Lyon, Siouzie Albiach enters the National School of Photography in Arles in 2016 after studying design for two years. She combines her photographic work with several editorial and curatorial projects.
In 2018, while living for 9 months in Kyoto and working for Kyotographie International Photography festival, she began her series On the edge. By photographing on a daily basis, she reported and documented her wanderings, her encounters, and delivered a sensitive and personal vision of Japan. Her work was shown in several galleries in Kyoto, in several group shows at the Rencontres de la Photographie of Arles and she won the EXPLORE Outside the box 2019 prize hosted by the French Institute of Design, the Kickstarter x Polka 2020 prize and is currently one of the finalist of the Prix Levallois.
• 2017-2020 : The National School of Photography (ENSP), Arles, France.
• 2018-2019 : Kyoto University of Art and Design, Kyoto, Japan.
• 2014-2016 : La Martinière Diderot, Arts & Design, Lyon, France.
• D’ici là – group show, Arena gallery, ENSP, Arles, France.(2019)
• Explore Outside the Box – group show at the International Design Biennial of Saint-Étienne, France. (2019)
• Error – group show, Horikawa AC lab, Kyoto, Japan. (2019)
• Tabito Bungaku : travel and litterature – group show, Art Zone gallery, Kyoto, Japan. (2018)
• Synesthesia – group show, Nuit Blanche festival, Ogaki Books Shijo Branch, Kyoto, Japan. (2018)
• Work In Progress#2018 (WIP) – group, Les Rencontres de la Photographie d’Arles, Maison des peintres, Arles, France. (2018)
• Work In Progress#2017 (WIP) – group show, Voies Off festival , Saint Julien Church, Arles, France. (2017)
• Impressions – group show, espace Van Gogh, Arles, France. (2017)
• Modernité des passions – official catalog of Les Rencontres de la Photographie. (2019)
• Modernité des passions – editorial design of a series of 8 zines. (2019)
• COD#3 « Épreuve; l’image comme expérience du temps et du monde » – zine published by the AEENSP. (2019)
• COD#2 – zine published by the AEENSP. (2018)
• Lisetta Carmi, Thoses with a name to come – commissaire d’exposition. Les Rencontres de la Photographie, Arles, France. (2020)
• Modernité des Passions – Les Rencontres de la Photographie, Arles, France. (2019)
• Kyotographie International Photography festival – Kyotographie Kids Competition 2019 exhibition, ROHM Theatre Kyoto, Japan. (2019)